Here’s what caught my eye this past week:
- Ed Young recently made a video that chastises pastors, believers, leaders who use what he considers to be profane language. Words like: “sucks”, “pissed”, “screwed”, “hell”, “damn” etc… I’ll be honest, I use every one of the words regularly in casual language and don’t see them as “profane”. They are frequently inappropriate in some contexts but I don’t see them as profane. Profanity is contextualized in a given culture at a specific point in time. What was profane in the 60s I’m sure Ed Young says regularly. Contextualize, but don’t compromise.
- Re:Sound recently launched their official website and their first album released is Rain City Hymnal, which has some great new arrangements of old classic hymns. Something the Mars Hill guys excel at. Can’t wait for their new albums.
- Good feedback over at Ragamuffin from non-worship leaders on what their favorite worship songs are.
- Christian Audio is offering Eugene Peterson’s “Christ Plays in Ten-Thousand Places” audiobook free this entire month. Coupon code: JUN2009
- Church Soundguy has a great post on how to deal with microphone feedback.
- Sweet video on a new iPhone app Automap that will control Ableton Live. This could come in handy. Have I mentioned I really want Ableton Live 8? I gotta get on that.